Massage is the perfect complement to chiropractic care. Therapeutic massage has been around for centuries, and research has proven that it is very effective. Using various techniques, therapeutic massge manipulates superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connection tissue to aid in the healing process, enhance functtion and promote relaxation and well being.
Therapeutic massage is rooted in the beliefs of the healing power of the body. Massage therapy uses natural healing of the body process by ensuring a free flow of nerve impulses and circulation of fluids. Massage is often recommended just before an adjustment.
Massage Therapy focused on addressing your unique situation and needs. Lindstrom Chiropractic Clinic does not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to massage therapy. Our massage therapists practice several techniques tailored to you:
- Looking to relax and reduce stress on the body and the mind – we offer a relaxation massage
- Finding your body's natural defense system needs a boost – ask for a rejuvenation massage
- Needing to promote faster healing – try our recovery massage
- Have body aches, pains, and tension – find comfort with our relieving massage
According to May Clinic, all of these approaches to healing the body through massage therapy range from light stroking to deep pressure. Below is a list of massage techniques we offer along with their benefits:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping. It helps you feel relaxed and energized.
- Deep tissue massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. It's commonly used to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it's geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
- Cupping Therapy. A therapeutic treatment involving warming and placing cups on certain areas of the skin. Cupping improves health in the area being treated by increasing blood flow to that particular muscle. This helps resolves swelling, pain, and tension, by drawing impurities to the surface. It also helps remove toxins.
Massage benefits can include:
- Pain reduction
- Muscle soreness and tension reduction
- Improved circulation
- A boost in energy
- Lowering heart rate and blood pressure
- Relief from anxiety
- Reduction in digestive disorders
- Quicker healing from sports injuries
There are also several condition for which you would seek massage therapy:
- Relief from lower back pain, neck pain, sciatica, hip pain, foot and knee issues
- Alleviation from headaches
- Faster recovery from shoulder injury or plantar Fasciitis
- Reduction of pain from arthritis
Consult with Lindstrom Chiropractic Clinic serving Aurora Il and the surrounding areas to set up your therapeutic massage today.